HAI has been busy updating their product line for 2007. They just posted their new 2007 Product Guide (PDF) on their website. A couple notable updates include the HAI OmniTouch 5.7/5.7e (pictured) and Omnistat-Z.
Scheduled for mid-year 2007 release, the OmniTouch 5.7 adds to the current OmniTouch Video line but adds these enhancements:
- Larger (5.7”) LCD using TFT technology for richer
colors and better viewing angle.
- Improved video update rate
- Speaker instead of beeper for more pleasing audible tones.
- Infrared receiver
- No Touchscreen Hub required
Whereas the 5.7e also adds:
- Single Ethernet connection for all
communication as well as power, using Power-Over-Ethernet (POE) technology.
- Direct access to IP cameras.
- Two-way IP-based audio intercom.
- Firmware updates via network.
HAI’s new Omnistat-Z line has built-in Z-Wave transceivers. When used with an HAI controller the Omnistat-Z communicates wirelessly, making it ideal for retrofit applications.
For more information check out the complete 2007 Product Guide.