Well, it’s time to start a new chapter in my life… children. Yup! Now, I’m going to have to learn and review the best gadgets for kids. We’re expecting a little baby girl in January and to kick things off, I’ve done exhaustive work finding the best stroller.
The contenders were:
– Orbit — the stroller which is owned by many of our friends (and celebrities)
– Bugaboo Chameleon — the stroller which won the Mavromatic Pick
– Quinney — the stroller which was second on Mavromatic’s list
To keep this post short (need to finish up a bunch of things before the peanut arrives), we went with the Bugaboo Chameleon for the following reasons:
– Ride is smooth like butta.
– Looks, good looking and classy — doesn’t look like some crazy space thing like the Orbit
– Light, easy to fold — I know this depends on the person, but it’s really light compared to the others I’ve seen. Once you learn how to fold it, it’s really easy.
– Compact, when using the seat — You can adjust the baby at many angles.
– Best breaking system in its class… I really love the gear system.
– Customize interior and exterior colors — you can easily change them out, if you want to. The Orbits pale green accents are not really our style.
– Bassinet and Seat system included.
– Build Quality is superb!
– Foam wheels
– Cup holder — not really, but it came free
– Single handle… what’s up with the Orbit and the double handle system? I like to drive one handed…
All of those features made us a proud owner of a 2008 Bugaboo Chameleon. I put it together in about 15 minutes and was even tempted to put a watermelon in the bassinet and take it around the block.