Nobu 8″ Inwall Touchscreen Computer
Nobu just released a new inwall touchscreen computer that will be shipping by mid-December. The unit features a 1.0GHz fanless Intel processor, a revolutionary 4GB solid state disk drive.
Here is an excerp from the folks from Nobu:
The new 8″ panel is a fully functional inwall touchscreen PC with all necessary input/output ports to control any subsystem or automation hardware in your home or office. Our goal with the new design is to satisfy a large demand for a smaller inwall touchpanel as well as to create the most robust, powerful, and visually appealing touchscreen on the planet. We designed the N8 without a fan because we wanted to eliminate noise and also to eliminate possible points of failure which is also why we will offer the high performance industrial Embedded Disk Card (iEDC) hard drive as an alternative to a standard 5400RMP hard drive. The N8 will have a fanless 1.0 GHz Intel Celeron M processor. The N8 will be available with Windows XP Professional. We can also sell the N8 without an operating system for special applications.
- LV Intel Celeron M 1.0GHz Fanless Processor
- Intel 852GM + ICH4 Chipset
- 256 – 1GB DDR Memory
- HD: 4Gig Industrial iEDC (Embedded Disk Card)
- Wi-Fi 54 g/b (optional)
- Fast Ethernet port
- 2xCOM (2xRS232, 1xRS232/422/485)
- 1 PS/2 K/B +M
- Front panel 2W speakers and mic
- External Audio Line Out / Mic
- 3 x USB 2.0
- VGA out, Dualscreen CRT (15pin D-sub, max. resolution 2548×1536)
- Polyester laminate finger touchscreen
- LCD Display
- NOBU USA
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Nobu 8″ Inwall Touchscreen Computer,” an entry on mavromatic.
- Friday, September 22nd, 2006 at 5:38 pm
- Danny Mavromatis
- Home Automation