Posts Tagged ‘ABC Player’
Thursday, April 8th, 2010
Apple iPad Review
I’ve had my iPad for a few days and compiled a Pro’s and Con’s list as part of my review. I’ll try to be subjective but keep in mind that this device has been hyped a lot and may come across more critical than normal.
- Sexy, slick device — Apple is great at that. They always have been. They, again, have nailed it!
- Fast! — the iPad is very fast and responsive. I would say it feels faster than my 3GS.
- Screen is crisp, bright and vibrant — while the screen is not great for reading books, it is excellent for watching videos and playing games! The pixel density of the screen is probably the best I have seen to date — as is the viewing angle.
- Bluetooth keyboard support — Apple is finally allowing you to pair a bluetooth keyboard with the iPad. This alone makes it easier to write emails and surf the web than the iPhone.
- Loud Speakers — the speaker on the iPad is LOUD!
- Multitouch Screen — the screen is very accurate and responds well to the touch.
- Amazing Battery Life — this is one of the most impressive aspects of the iPad. The battery life lives up to what’s advertised!
- Love Native Apps — I find myself using services (Twitter/ABC) more because they offer native iPad apps versus hitting their website via the Safari browser. I’ll take a nicely designed iPad app over a web page version any day. However, there are some services that lose functionality in their native app. This is bad, but not the fault of Apple.
- Device is too BIG — too big to take with you all the time. I would have liked a small notepad (7″) sized iPad.
- Device doesn’t feel right in the hands — while it’s solid and looks good, it’s slippery and weird to hold. The nook is the right size and the arched rubberized back feels soft and “warm” to the hand. The iPad feels cold and fragile. Which, I believe, if you drop, will do a lot of damage to the iPad, as well as mar it’s elegant aluminum finish. I should also mention, the Apple case does change the feel and makes it a lot better to hold. However, it does add $39 to the price of the unit.
About the archives
Welcome to the archives here at MAVROMATIC.
These are a collection of our previous posts. If you'd like to read about the latest and greatest, click here.