As I’m trying to building up my YouTube Channel (please subscribe!) — I’ve decided to revisit my most popular posts here at Mavromatic. The plan is to create videos of these posts so people can watch instead of just read. I find that video often times makes the process of understanding complex things a little easier.
I’ve been testing an Olimex PIC-WEB Ethernet Web PIC Development Board for a bit now and this little board comes in handy for projects that need quick web access. The PIC-WEB offers a very small but powerful webserver based on the PIC 18F452. The development board has everything you need to serve web pages with 1 megabit storage on board! I also have an Arduino with an eShield which I will be testing next!
Available from SparkFun Eletronics.
I just received a Bitwise Control BC4 so I can add support for it to Myro:Home. I plan on doing a full video review of this unit once I release 1.0.3 (this release is a pretty major one as it includes significant performance enhancements!) In the meantime, here’s a little bit about the BC4:
“The BitWise Controls BC4 modular design allows you to select from several plug-in expansion I/O modules. Now you can tailor each install to the job’s specific control and monitoring needs.
Whether you’re using a web front end, mobile phone application or integrating with a residential or commercial control system, the BitWise Controls BC4 turns commands into actions. Our extensive two-way command set makes it easy to integrate with a variety popular control systems and networked user interfaces for maximum flexibility. “
• Flexible communication options – choose from TCP, UDP, HTTP and RS232 based on the needs of each install
• Simple to learn – One command set covers all I/O modules and devices to be controlled
• Built-in monitoring – On board temperature sensor and two-way command protocol
• Reliable – US designed and built, the BC4 is backed by 20 years of mission-critical experience
• Field upgradeable firmware – you don’t need to return a product to base to install new features
• Commercial-grade – The BC4 features a rugged and well-shielded 20ga steel enclosure
• Deploys anywhere – The 4.5” x 5” x 1” unit can be wall, shelf or rack-mounted
For more information check out: Bitwise Controls