I’ve decided to kick off a new feature on Mavromatic called “My Favorite Tools”. If you are like me and love to visit hardware stores and industrial supply houses checking out new tools, then you’ll enjoy this feature.
This months favorite tool is the Weller Pyropen WPA2. The Weller comes in handy when you need to solder something and can’t plug in a proper soldering station. I last used this applying DC connectors to a cable that would connect to a CCTV Camera. I was about 15′ up on a ladder and this tool worked like a charm. The Weller Pyropen WPA2 uses butane fuel — kind used to refill a lighter — and has a run time of about 3 hours of operation between refills. It ignites with the push of a button and provides heat up to 932° F — which is more than enough heat for typical projects.
Here are some other features that make the Weller Pyropen WPA one of my favorite tools:
- Ignites with the push of a button, ideal for field service jobs
- Lightweight and completely portable, ready to use in 30 seconds
- Sturdy metal tank holds enough butane gas for 3 hours of operation
- Does not require cords, batteries or cartridges
- Temperature adjusts from 482°F to 932°F (approx. 25 – 60 watts)
- 14 soldering tip combinations available
- Refills with butane fuel
- UL listed
Treat yourself to a Weller Pyropen WPA2, it will be on your list of favorite tools too!