(This is part of a multi-part series on building a FPV mini 220mm quadcopter)
The last part ordered was the FPV Camera and that operates at a voltage of 12v. Since I will have a clean 5v provided from the video transmitter (to be selected later), I need a 12V step-up voltage regulator.
I’ve selected the Pololu 12V Step-Up Voltage Regulator (U3V12F12). It’s very compact (0.32″×0.515″), weights next to nothing, takes an input voltage as low as 2.5 V and efficiently boosts it to 12 V.
Step-Up Regulator Specs:
- input voltage: 2.5 V – VOUT
- fixed 5 V, 9 V, or 12 V output with 4% accuracy
- 1.4 A switch allows for input currents up to 1.4 A
- 2 mA typical no-load quiescent current
- integrated over-temperature shutoff
- small size: 0.515″ × 0.32″ × 0.1″ (13 × 8 × 3 mm)
Total Weight So Far: 161.2g
Part Cost: $3.95
Total Spent So Far: $195.19
The step-up voltage regulator is available from Pololu
PART 7: DIY: Building a Mini Quadcopter – BAH Mini Nemesis Folding Frame (240mm)