Just found out about the Video Experimenter shield (via hackaday) created by Nootropic Design. I’ve been looking for something like this for my screen masking controller project. One has been ordered and will report back once I make some progress getting it tied into the masking controller (which has now been converted to an Arduino project as well).
Here are a few details on the shield, peep the video below for the full effect:
- Overlay text and graphics onto a video signal from a camera, DVR, DVD player, VCR or any other source of composite video.
- Capture low-res video image frames for display or video processing. Give your Arduino the gift of sight!
- Perform object detection for computer vision projects.
- Decode closed captioning or XDS (extended data services) data embedded in television broadcasts.
- Works with NTSC (North America) or PAL (rest of the world) television standards.