Well, it's time to start a new chapter in my life... children. Yup! Now, I'm going to have to learn and review the best gadgets for kids. We're expecting a little baby girl in January and to kick things off, I've done exhaustive work finding the best stroller.
The contenders were:
- Orbit -- the stroller which is owned by many of our friends (and celebrities)
- Bugaboo Chameleon -- the stroller which won the Mavromatic Pick
- Quinney -- the stroller which was second on Mavromatic's list
To keep this post short (need to finish up a bunch of things before the peanut arrives), we went with the Bugaboo Chameleon for the following reasons:
- Ride is smooth like butta.
- Looks, good looking and classy -- doesn't look like some crazy space thing like the Orbit
- Light, easy to fold -- I know this depends on the person, but it's really light compared to the others I've seen. Once you learn how to fold it, it's really easy.
- Compact, when using the seat -- You can adjust the baby at many angles.
- Best breaking system in its class... I really love the gear system.
- Customize interior and exterior colors -- you can easily change them out, if you want to. The Orbits pale green accents are not really our style.
- Bassinet and Seat system included.
- Build Quality is superb!
- Foam wheels
- Cup holder -- not really, but it came free
- Single handle... what's up with the Orbit and the double handle system? I like to drive one handed...
All of those features made us a proud owner of a 2008 Bugaboo Chameleon. I put it together in about 15 minutes and was even tempted to put a watermelon in the bassinet and take it around the block.