When I was a kid I always had my eye on the Team Associated RC10 but it was very expensive. I was however still lucky to get my hands on a Tamiya Grasshopper (also recently rereleased), but it was never a RC10 replacement. I come to find out that Team Associated has rereleased the RC10 Classic kit for a limited time. Still made in the U.S.A. (or “a good portion of it is”) with the same basic parts (full list of changes here) — I believe the tooling has changed but for the most part they are identical (read about it more here). Even the most iconic component, the gold anodized aluminum tub chassis, is included except it has been updated to fit either a 6-cell NiMh or 2S LiPo battery packs.
The RC10 Classic is available for pre-order now for $249 from your local hobby store. I now need to figure out what motor and electronics I need to put in this — anyone have any suggestions? The Reedy motors look pretty awesome.
- Authentic replica of the RC10 Buggy Kit originally released in 1984
- Gold anodized 6061-T6 aluminum monocoque tub chassis
- Fully adjustable four-wheel independent suspension
- Long travel, fluid-filled, gold-anodized aluminum coil-over shocks
- Low-profile sealed six-gear transmission
- VariLok adjustable ball differential
- Exceptional ground clearance with low center of gravity
- Pro-Line® front and rear tires with modular racing wheels
- Clear ProTech body with driver figure and wing
- Fiberglass shock towers
- Oilite bushings throughout
- Fits 6-cell NiMh and 2S LiPo battery packs