(This is part of a multi-part series on building a FPV mini 240mm quadcopter)
Now that the FPV mini quadcopter frame has been selected we need some motors to make it fly. For that, I’ve selected 4 SunnySky X2204S 2300kv motors ($23ea). It was between these or the Tiger’s MN1806 2300kv, but paying $43 each for the Tigers would take this copter out of budget (which is going overboard already) — plus, I like the look of the SunnySky’s.
- Long-life Japanese NMB ball bearings.
- Efficient Japanese Kawasaki stator steel
- Rare earth magnets stable up to 180℃
- Oxygen free pure copper wires
- CNC machined aluminum case
- Silicone wire leads
- Patented balance techniques
- Unique wiring method
- KV (rpm/v): 2300
- Lipo Battery (cell): 2-S Li-poly
- Length: 34.6mm including prop adaptor, 13.2mm excluding prop adaptor
- Diameter: 27.5mm
- Prop adaptor Shaft Diameter(mm): 5
Weight: 22.8 x 4 = 91.2g
Total Weight So Far: 382.4g
Part Cost: $23 x 4 = $92
Total Spent So Far: $433.09
The motors are available from Quadrysteria.com.